11.8.14

The Day I found Gissi

I had been diagnosed with Emphasimea and COPD my world was falling apart ………………..the Job I had been doing for 8 years had bullied me out of my Job because of my Illness I felt lost and a Failure, I had always worked and then this………my Son and Daughter where my big rock my reason to carry on …………they decided that it was time to get me a Dog but they where going for a Puppy lol …..yes the Puppies where cute but I noticed a door and wondered what was in there and normally I would not be nosy ……….in the end Kennel which I thought at first was empty I saw 2 little eyes looking at me, they where scared little eyes ………………..I started talking to the little Dog that was there, I was told he is so scared that he will not go to anyone …not even the People that look after him, I sat myself on the cold wet floor and spoke to him ……… everyone was saying I was wasting my time I was also informed they can only keep him another 2 weeks and then they would have to put him to sleep
I sat there and just gently spoke to him, very slowly he started coming towards me, I could see the fear in him ……………….I sat there 30 minutes, he then came to very close, very gently I put my Hand in to stroke him, yes I took a chance but I did not care, he put his little Head into my Hand and I knew then he was the one and he was coming home with me ……………….they told me they had no age or history on him as he was brought in by the Police who had found him half beaten to death at the side of the road ………… my love and protection grew for the little Man and I promised him no one would ever hurt him again
Gissi………………………his first few Days with us
Gissi slept a lot the first few Days, he was very timid and would not leave my side but he would also growl at People a lot because of fear………..he had the bigger of Men, so we guessed that it must have been mainly a Man who abused him, so my Son started very slowly to earn Gissi’s trust it took a while…………my Daughter also taught him that he can trust People in the House, that he will not be hurt again ………………………….Gissi bit me a few times but only because I did something that scared him so badly…he was always sorry after and he was scared ……I told him it is ok and I will not do it again and all was good ………..Gissi fell ill the first time just a few weeks after joining us, we rushed him to the Vet to find out he had an allergy against Fleas he had to have an Injection to stop the fit he was having 
He picked up again, he started to become more trusting ………….Mike and Mel where also winning with the little Man, slowly he was getting there of overcoming the majority of his Fear …..special the Fear of my Son, he was starting to trust my Son all was going well  

1 comment:

  1. The first few weeks with a rescue dog can be long and filled with emotion on both sides........Bogie was like that for awhile too. But love from you earned Gissi's trust as I earned Bogies. They say rescue dogs are the best pets because they never forget and are always grateful for the loving home they eventually find....Well done you!

    ReplyDelete